How to Wind Up a Clock
Sometimes we tend to blame ourselves when our clock stops just after carefully winding it up. There are lots of reasons it may have stopped, it may be time to have it serviced or simply it has been knocked off balance.
- It is best to hold the clock when winding, so hold the clock steady with your left hand.
- Carefully insert the key into the opening and over the arbor/square.
- Now gently turn the key with a firm grip between your thumb and index finger, this is best done slowly count 123/123/123 for each turn.
- As you turn the key inside the clock there is a main spring inside this is a barrel, this is what drives the train of wheels so it is very powerful.
- Continue on until you come to a stop. Do not force the key so that it locks tight.
If you should have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.